Introducing New HF XC Coach Isaiah Remington

Luke Busot, Staff Writer/Editor

The cross country team has had two coaches in the past four years, and now they’re about to get another new one. First it was Danielle Coon, then Charles Shapiro and now Holy Family welcomes their newest coach, Isaiah Remington.

And if this name sounds familiar to you, you would be correct, because he Holy Family history teacher Mrs. Myrna Remington’s son.

Isaiah attended high school at Yuma High School his freshman year and later attended Frontier Academy High School in Greeley. He ran cross country and track those years and after high school, he attended the University of Northern Colorado to further his track and cross country careers at the DI level. Some of his most noteworthy times were a 4:12 in the 1,600, 8:43 in the 3k, and 14:57 in the 5k.

Now that he is out of college, he has been an assistant cross country coach for the past three seasons and middle-distance track coach for the past two seasons at Frontier Academy. During this time, he has been part of a coaching staff that earned back to back state titles in cross country for the boys and a Patriot League Champion team in track.

Isaiah is excited to start his coaching at Holy Family and can’t wait to make the cross country team even better. He said, “Holy Family has a great tradition and success rate at the state meet and with the open head coaching position I couldn’t pass up the chance to at least apply.”

Another reason he decided to be the head coach at HF is because the “opportunity was to work with family, since my mother recently returned to the school to teach. Working in the Catholic school setting was an idea she wanted me to explore, and one I am extremely happy to have pursued.”

Isaiah also has a brand new philosophy that he is excited to bring to the team, “I aim to use endurance running as a vehicle in the development of the whole person. Adherence to a standard in witness of teammates will serve as the guiding principle in the pursuit of excellence. In this pursuit I hope to build a love of the sport, competition, and self,” he said. Isaiah is also excited to get to know the kids he will be coaching for the next few years, saying “I am just extremely excited to start a new chapter of coaching with some phenomenal young athletes.”

We are very excited to see what Isaiah Remington brings to the cross country team as they gear up to have another excellent season. And who knows, maybe he can bring HF a 3A championship.