Spring Choir Concert 2022

This year’s spring choir concert showed off Holy Family’s students amazing talents as always. 

Isabella Marquez, Staff Writer

The concert opened with an bright and fun Polynesian song called Tongo, which was performed by all choirs surrounding the audience, immersing them in the song.

The new Jazz choir, self proclaimed as the “Cool Cats” followed the opener with a traditional jazz song called Tenderly, and then the upbeat well-known Latin jazz Stevie Wonder song Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing.

Concert choir, which is comprised of all women then sang J’entends Le Moulin, Seasons, and The Fox which included fun choreography that captivated the audience.

Show Choir then performed their repertoire of the upbeat song Tarekita, the emotional All Things New, and the well-known Wellerman.

Mr, Richard Capp accompanied most of the songs, however show choir’s Wellerman was accompanied by senior Brennan Musgrove, and All Things New was accompanied by senior Jake Vigil. The Fox was accompanied by Peter Morado and Reagan Mraz on the guitar, and Charli Culp on the drums. Seasons was accompanied Katheryne Johnson on the flute. Tongo was also accompanied by percussionists Avery Alderman, Sam Bennett, and Rylan Harris from the HF band.

The show concluded with an amazing performance of the gospel song I Sing Because I’m Happy, accompanied by Kim Suirek on the piano and Kooper Suta on the drums. Mrs. Suirek came to practice with the choirs to really understand the meaning behind gospel music, which was very well reflected in the performance.

The concert overall was a great success and has hopefully sparked interest for more students to join next year.