Out With the Old

Reese James Peterson, Staff Writer

As of Monday March 8, 2022 Michael Krueger will be replacing Rhonda Blanford-Green as commissioner of  Colorado High School Activities Association  (CHSAA).

Kruger will be leaving his position as Senior Director of Education for USA Football. He earned that position after a long career of working at schools as a teacher, faculty member, counselor and director of athletics at Palisade High School. After his career in the High School level he move to USA Football where he served as Director of Caching and eventually rose to his position as Senior director of Education.

With all the previous experience in the sports field he also is not inexperienced when it comes to working for CHSAA. In 2006 Kruger was named the Secretary on the CHSAA Board of Directors.

Kruger was selected from a group of other qualified finalist that included Assistant CHSAA Commissioner Bethany Brookens and Colorado Springs School District 11 athletic director Christopher Noll.

This will be a fresh start for CHSAA and Colorado high school sports as a whole. Rhonda Blanford has spent 16 years working at CHSAA so to get a fresh face who has experience working with CHSAA help lead CHSAA to great success.

Mike Kruger is a veteran in the high school sports filed and he is someone who knows what it takes to lead CHSAA. Through his new outlooks and perspectives Krueger will give CHSAA a breath of fresh air. This could not come at  a more better time. Since many of the 1A-5A classifications are changing in the state having a new head of CHSAA will start this new era in the right direction.