Thescon 2021

This year, The Holy Family theater troupe 3438 attended Thescon at the convention center in Denver. Thescon is a three day convention that allows high school thespians to participate in theater workshops, and compete against other schools. 

Isabella Marquez, Staff Writer

This year, the Holy Family theater troupe 3438 attended Thescon at the convention center in Denver.

Thescon is a three day convention that allows high school thespians to participate in theater workshops, and compete against other schools.

Holy Family sent their production of Frankenstein to be considered for main stage viewing, as well as student directed one act, To Burn a Witch, and two other musical theater performances.

The productions chosen for main stage were Freaky Friday and Clue, both of which had incredible set and costume design.

Out of all the one act entries in the state of Colorado, To Burn a Witch made it to the top three. Although Holy Family placed second with their one act, the director, Leah Fuller says, “I feel very, very happy and proud of where we placed, and I think it represents how hard everyone worked.”

Holy Family entered a couple of other pieces for competition including an amazing performance of No One Else from senior Peter Morado, which left many with tears in their eyes.

Aside from competing, the other main part of Thescon is attending workshops. Every day there were tons of different workshops to attend including dance, improve, singing, and tech workshops.

Of course masks were required at all times other than during performances, but everyone was incredibly grateful to be able to attend Thescon at all. After the success of this Thescon, the HF thespians are excited to show off their talents next year all over again.