Freshman retreat was a charge

Reese James Peterson, Staff Writer

Retreat are a great way for people to unwind and take a step back from their everyday life.

This is true for   all people who go on retreats. Freshman year can be one of the more stress filled years. Since they are coming to a new school and making new friends is a stressful thing the freshman retreat is a well welcome distraction from every day life.

Kolton Paulson had some great things to say about the retreat. When asked what kind of things he did on the retreat? he said “We played games like capture the flag, pick-up football, and cornhole. We also did some team-building exercises like making the highest building out of uncooked spaghetti and marshmallows. And, we listened to speeches about our faith, prayed a rosary while walking around the school, had adoration, and had mass.” These sort of activities help the freshman relax and have fun while spending time together and bonding.

Retreats as much as they are a way to escape and unwind they are about sharing an experience with God. For Kolton that was “I was closest to God at adoration, where we sat in the Chapel and relaxed and meditated with God.” Adoration is normally peaceful and serene experience that when done right it feels that you are alone with God.

So, in conclusion the Retreat was a real charge!