Thursday’s Mass the First of Many

Reese James Peterson, Staff Writer

Thursday’s Mass Service was a great sign of how the 2021-2022 school year is going to go.

Firstly, the weather was crisp 70 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze to cool us off. So the weather for the outdoor mass was perfect.

Then we listened to Fr. Joe’s homily. Where the main takeaway was him challenging the student body to make more real and deeper connections not only with the people you interact with but the people you already consider friends. Which is one of the biggest problems facing the age group of high school kids. Fr. Joe mention how the groups 18-22 is the most lonely age group. You would think that group that group would be one of the most social which shows how sad this problem is. So it’s good that Fr. Joe addressed this.

The student body was also told the school year theme which is, to be kind. Which in part inspired by Mr. Blair who is one of the most kind people you will ever meet

The faculty, staff and students were all saddened when they were informed that Mr. Steve Blair was diagnosed with a very aggressive form pancreatic cancer. Many tears were shed at this news. We are all keeping this incredible man who has devoted his entire adult life to Holy Family High School in our hearts. We are all praying and keeping Mr. Blair in our hearts and in our prayers.