Christmas Came 8 Months Early for Swifties

Taylor Swift Drops a DOUBLE ALBUM on April 19, 2024

Taylor Swift’s 11th studio album, The Tortured Poets Department, made its messy yet glorious debut last night.

Swift presents The Tortured Poets Department (TTPD) as a retrospective on a turbulent love affair, a period of emotional chaos following a breakup.

Yes, we’re gonna need a dictionary for this one, “A wry smile finds its way onto this poet’s lips,” and “For it’s the flawed souls that inspire my finest prose.

TTPD marks Swift’s return with a collection of entirely new tracks since her split with Joe Alwyn, her partner of six years, which made headlines last April. Shortly afterward, rumors linked her romantically with Matty Healy, frontman of The 1975.

Swift’s latest album, following up her massive hit Midnights from 2022, keeps the same catchy pop vibe that fans loved, thanks in part to her main collaborator Jack Antonoff. Aaron Dessner, who teamed up with Swift on folklore and evermore, also had a hand in some of the tracks.

But here’s the kicker: just two hours after dropping the album, Swift pulled a fast one on her fans by releasing The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology, packing in 15 extra tunes. And, to say the least, the Swift community was shook.

Here is the tracklist:

1. Fortnight (feat. Post Malone)
  2. The Tortured Poets Department
  3. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys
  4. Down Bad
  5. So Long, London
  6. But Daddy I Love Him
  7. Fresh Out The Slammer
  8. Florida!!! (feat. Florence + The Machine)
  9. Guilty as Sin?
  10. Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?
  11. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)
  12. loml
  13. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
  14. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived
  15. The Alchemy
  16. Clara Bow
  17. The Black Dog
  18. imgonnagetyouback
  19. The Albatross
  20. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
  21. How Did It End?
  22. So High School
  23. I Hate It Here
  24. thanK you aIMee
  25. I Look in People’s Windows
  26. The Prophecy
  27. Cassandra
  28. Peter
  29. The Bolter
  30. Robin
  31. The Manuscript

Taylor Swift is my worst nightmare. I’m overwhelmed. 31 new songs that I have to memorize, I’m gonna need a few weeks!!! I don’t have a set favorite yet, but here are some of my tops at the moment:

Fortnight (feat. Post Malone): this song sounds like it’s straight off of Midnights (top 3 T.S album for me). Taylor and Post Malone’s voices on the track blend well together.

My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys: this song sounds like it would be on 1989 (another one of my top T.S albums). This sounds very similar to the 1989 vault tracks.

Florida!!! (feat, Florence + The Machine): I think I like this one because this is definitely a different sound for Taylor, but it worked for her and I need more of it.

Who Afraid of Little Old Me?: the high notes in this one just sound incredible. Thats all.

The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived: all I have to say is, if this song was written about me I wouldn’t even know what to do with myself. This song is very obviously about Joe Alwyn (Taylor’s ex boyfriend of six years) and let me just say, the lyrics are absolutely vile and twisted and gut wrenching.

I still have to lock in and dissect every single song, but those are some of my favorites. This album is a blend of 1989, Midnights, folklore and evermore I think. I didn’t know what to expect, but Taylor Swift has done it again. And she will continue to do it every time.