Holy Family Supporting Catholic Charities of Denver with Diaper Drive

Maddie (from Ohio) Rutherford, Staff Writer/Editor

Marisol Health is a pregnancy center for women in crisis to receive help from professionals without fear of judgement. Some of the services they offer for women include free pregnancy testing, free ultrasounds, and counseling.

Representatives from Marisol have visited and spoken in many of Holy Family’s theology classes in the past to familiarize students with their mission. As a Catholic institution, Holy Family places a large emphasis on human dignity and the value of life. In doing so, we also commit ourselves to supporting the pro-life movement and providing for those in need, regardless of their situation.

Choosing life is an admirable decision, but not always an easy one. When, through the counseling and medical advice given by these pregnancy centers, a woman in a crisis situation chooses to continue her pregnancy, it is our duty to support her in her situation in any way we can. Marisol Health, specifically, provides some of the necessary baby supplies to their mothers. Marisol relies on donations to provide these goods and services.

Director of campus ministry Mrs. Mary Vulcani and I have teamed up with Catholic Charities of Denver and Marisol Health to begin a diaper and baby supply drive at Holy Family to donate to these mothers who have bravely chosen life. Marisol has provided us with a list of items they are most in need of currently, and with COVID-19 regulations changing often, now is the best time to begin our drive. We will be collecting a variety of items, organized by grade as listed below. Diapers will be distributed through Catholic Charities of Denver, while the remaining donations will be given directly to the Lafayette Marisol Health Center.

• Freshmen:
    • Toys
    • Books
    • Pacifiers
    • Bottles
  • Sophomores:
    • Baby wash
    • Shampoo
    • Lotion
  • Juniors:
    • Clothes (sizes newborn to 24 months)
    • Bibs
    • Socks
  • Seniors:
    • Wipes
    • Washcloths
    • Blankets

All are encouraged to bring diaper donations as well. Please drop off these items in the bins in the front lobby, or in your theology classroom. Whichever grade donates the most will be awarded with a spirit day.

This diaper drive is a great way to bring the Holy Family community together, despite these uncertain and socially distant times. We ask that you consider donating, for this is truly a great cause.