Signing Day – Madison Forss and Anna Hodell

Karson Brockway, Staff Writer

It’s signing season, and the volleyball girls are finally getting the chance to show their accomplishments and officially sign with their colleges.

Senior Madison Forss and Anna Hodell will be signing tomorrow, 3/31, at 2:45 p.m. in the auxiliary gym. This signing will officially commit both girls to their colleges and their college volleyball teams. Despite high school volleyball season ending in November, the girls haven’t had a chance to celebrate their commitments until now.

Madison Forss will be attending Elmhurst University in Elmhurst, Illinois, 20 mins west of Chicago to play volleyball.

According to Madison, “I chose Elmhurst because I went on an official visit and I automatically fell in love. The players were all so welcoming, and the coaches were super excited for me. Also, the campus was amazing, and I love the idea of being outside a big city.”

She is majoring in Business, but she is unsure where her career will take her. Elmhurst University is a private, liberal arts university. It is a Divison III school with 3,000 students in attendance.

Anna Hodell will be attending Washington University in St. Louis Missouri. WashU is a private, research university with Division III volleyball. Washington University has one of the best business schools in the nation, and as a result, Anna will be majoring in Business.

Anna originally fell in love with WashU because “I wanted to have an equal balance of school and volleyball. I will not only be able to play the sport I love at a high level, but also attend one of the best business schools in the country. WashU also has an amazing coaching staff and team chemistry so that definitely helped my decision.”

Everybody better show up to support these girls as they sign tomorrow at 2:45 in the auxiliary gym. Congrats Madison and Anna!